PLHealth.org also provides a site-specific search engine:
A VOICE for Health & Wellness (2010 - 2018)
Selected Health-Related Articles from the Port Ludlow Voice
Compiled by the PL Health & Wellness Group
Click on MONTH and scroll
to desired page of PDF file.
Search Alternatives: Should you be looking for a specific article, topic,
name or keyword (such as "stroke") and are not sure when it was published,
you can also use the powerful and VOICE-specific Search Engine.
00Search boxes are provided on each of the online pages of the VOICE
(such as here).
The search results provide access to the cover page of the respective VOICE
issue and then quite often directly to the location of the search term. If the latter does not work, you still have the internal "Find" modality of your browser (e.g. under "Edit" in Explorer, Firefox & Chrome) to find the specific location within the PDF document.
The directory (below) provides the titles of the articles, their location (page number)to scroll to within each issue as well as likely key words or the name of the author
to use for the search engine if you wish to do that in lieu of scrolling.
- August 2018
- Jefferson Healthcare Community Calendar Support Groups, p.13
- Jefferson Healthcare Grief Support Sessions Expanded, p.13
- Earlier Opening of (Jefferson Healthcare) Dental Clinic in Port Townsend, p.13
- July 2018
- May’s Rabid Bat Stats Highest in 20 Years, p.10
- JHC Receives 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award, p.11
- Jefferson County Food Safety Awards, p.12
- Get Help to Quit Tobacco, p.12
- Emergency Management Welcomes New CERT Coordinator and Leadership Team; by Danille Turissini, Director, Port Ludlow Village Council Emergency Management, p.28
- June 2018
- Investing in Our Community (New doctor at the JHC Clinic) (pp.5-6)
It has been almost a year since Jefferson Healthcare opened the new clinic location at
89 Breaker Lane. The grand opening party in August was just the beginning for
the new clinic. In January, Dr. Shannan Kirchner and Wes Schott, ARNP, welcomed Dr. Laura Wulff to the practice team....>
- Alzheimer’s Association Support Group, (Port Hadlock Community United Methodist Church) (p.9)
- Claudine Roesler Bequeaths Nearly $1 Million to Medical Foundation (Harrison Bremerton and Jefferson Healthcare, Port Townsedn) p.9
- Jefferson Healthcare Act FAST Stroke Awareness Education (p.11)
- Diabetes Education Recognition (p.11)
- Survivors of Suicide Support Group (p.13)
- Jefferson County Board of Health Honors 2018 Public Health Heroes (p.14)
- Caregiver Shortage Crisis (p.16)
- Village Council (p.29)
The PLVC Health and Wellness committee noted that Jefferson Healthcare and PLVC will be partnering to provide seminars on orthopedic
care, strokes, and cardiology in the coming months. Seminars will alternate between Beach and Bay Clubs....
- Disaster Hors d’oeuvres Provided by Danille Turissini, Director, PLVC Emergency Management (p.29)
- Jefferson Healthcare Building Siding Project Complete (p.30)
- May 2018
- Jefferson County to Start CERT Training, p.8
- Mental Health Issues in the 19th Century, p.9
- Need Medical Equipment? p.9
- UBER comes to Port Ludlow, p.10
- Hospice Foundation Breakfast p.10
- Foot Care Program. p.10
- Village Council April Meeting Summary (p.29)
- PLVC Health and Wellness Committee is now partnering with Jefferson Healthcare
to sponsor programs and seminars to inform the community on subjects such as cardiology, orthopedics, and strokes.
- April 2018
- Expanded Services for Port Ludlow Clinic, p.9
- Earthquake Emergency Services, p.290.
- March 2018
- Meet Peggy L. Schafran, p.6
- Interactive Discussion on Advanced Care Planning. p.10
- Get Ready. Get Nixle. Text 98365 to 888777. p.14
- Jefferson Healthcare Responds/New Clinic Structure, p.30
- February 2018
- JHC WellHearts Luncheon, (p.11)
- Alzheimer Support Available (p.13)
- January 2018
- ECHHO Needs Help! by Sarah McMahan, ECHHO Executive Director [Ecumenical Christian Helping Hands Organization] (p.9)
- Jefferson Healthcare Hosted Clinic Open Discussion (p.10)