PORT LUDLOW'S WELLNESS RESOURCES*
Table of Contents
for Pamphlets-Brochures in Notebooks
at Beach and Bay Club
At Beach Club: On Table opposite the Sign-In/Host Window
At Bay Club: Lower Shelf of First Bookcase on the left Site of Entrance Foyer
These are reference copies only but can be Xeroxed at 10c per page at either Club.
Please make sure the materials are returned to the appropriate location in the NOTEBOOK.
Click also to: NOTEBOOK II: Cancer Information Resources
Inquire about other available Educational Resource Notebooks!
- North Olympic Peninsula Older Americans Resource Directory
- Port Ludlow Today (PLT) Online Wellness Guide (descriptive pamphlet)
- Port Ludlow’s Community Wellness & Healthcare Resources for Informed Choices
(site map: krummefamily.org/plhealth )
- Senior Resources (NW Seniors.com/OlyPen)
--Olympic Peninsula: Clallam & Jefferson Counties, 2011 -- Kitsap County, 2011
- Senior Resource Directory: Clallam and Jefferson County (Olympic Area Agency on Aging, 2009)
- Healthwise Directory for Jefferson, Clallam and Kitsap Counties (PT Leader Supplement Dec. 2010)
- Neighbors Resource Guide for Seniors in Clallam & Jefferson Counties (Sequim Gazette 2011)
- Jefferson Healthcare: inpatient hospital care (25 beds), emergency care; outpatient services; urgent care
& family practice clinics: NEW ONE TO PORT LUDLOW JULY 2011! www.jeffersonhealthcare.org
-- Latest Medical Technology/Comprehensive Array of Health Service
-- Quality Lifestyle & Quality Medical Care in Jefferson County
-- To Your Health: Community Health & Wellness News from Jefferson Healthcare: Autumn 2010
-- Jefferson Healthcare Hospital Auxiliary
-- Wellness Programs (descriptive pamphlets):
-- Cardiac Rehabilitation - Pulmonary Rehabilitation - Diabetes Education
-- Home Health: Bringing Health Care to You
-- Hospice: Caring & Compassionate Services for People Approaching Life’s End
-- Hospice Foundation of Jefferson Healthcare
- Harrison Medical Center: largest in region with 400 physicians representing 40 specialties
plus 24 hr. emergency care at Silverdale and Bremerton: www.harrisonmedical.org
-- Harrison Online Resources: Find a Doctor, Healthy Links, Send a Free Cheer Card
-- Harrison Services -- Sign-up for Monthly e-Newsletter-- Community Resources Directory 2011
- Residential and Long Term Care Options: Listings/pamphlets/brochures
-- Adult Family Homes (maximum 6 residents): in Port Townsend
- 31st St. Adult Family Home Pamphlet: 360-385-6445 - Mc Cullum’s Manor 360-385-2614
-- Adult Family Homes in Kitsap County from Department of Social & Health Services
-- Assisted Living Facilities in Port Townsend; - Seaport Landing: 360-379-9376
-Clearbrook Inn, Silverdale: 360-392-1228 - Alpine Way, Silverdale: 360-426-2600
-- Skilled Nursing Facilities:Life Care Center of Port Townsend: 385-3555 www.LCCA/porttownsend
- Martha & Mary Health & Rehab Center, Poulsbo 360-340-5715 www.marthaandmary.org
- Northwoods Lodge, Silverdale: 360-698-3930 www.encorecommunities.com
-- Ombudsman: Olympic Area Agency on Aging: Jane Meyer (Sequim) 1-800-801-0070
Kitsap County: Gayle Helseth-Kenison at 1-800-562-6418; Resident’s Rights in a Nutshell
-- In-Home Care Agencies: East Jefferson County
- Home Instead Senior Care: 9483 Oak Bay Rd. Port Ludlow: 360-437-9884
- Olympic Elder Services (30 yrs experience): 72 Megs Way, Port Hadlock: 360-379-3716
- Martha & Mary Home Care Program: Port Ludlow 360-390-4199 www.marthaandmary.org
III Support Organizations: Pamphlets/brochures
-- Olympic Area Agency on Aging: 915 Sheridan, Port Townsend; www.o3a.org; 800-801-0050
- Information and Assistance: Free consultation & assistance for families caring for elders
- Family Caregiver Support Services: Information, support groups, free home visits
- Respite Care: Family Caregiver Support: time to shop, have nap etc (with sliding scale fee)
- Senior Legal Advice Clinic: free legal consultation for seniors over 60 re. civil legal issues
- Northwest Justice Project’s CLEAR: Coordinated Legal Education, Advice & Referral
-- OlyCap: Olympic Community Action Programs: 803 W. Park Ave, Port Townsend;
Member of United Good Neighbors; 360-385-2571 www.olycap.org
- Helping People: Info re. Emergency Services/Shelter, Thrift Shoppe, Working Image Store
- Senior Nutrition: 1-800-360-0666 Providing Meals on Wheels: no income requirements for
residents 60+ ($3-5/meal contribution) & Senior Dining Program: 3-course dinner @
Chimacum Community Center, 10 W. Valley Rd: Mon.-Fri. at 4:30. Reservations required.
- Help for Hard Times: Mental Health/unemployment/Food Bank Info, credit/foreclosure
counseling; workshops/free classes; Working Image for Women (clothes for jobs)
-- Jefferson Mental Health Services (JMHS): 884 W. Park Ave, Port Townsend;
360-385-0321 www.jeffersonmhs.org ; private non-profit community mental health care center
providing services from crisis counseling, testing, individual & group psychotherapy, consultation
with Primary Care Providers and medication management. Services covered by Medicare/Medicaid.
-- ECHHO: Ecumenical Christian Helping Hands Organization: 1110 Jefferson St. Port Townsend,
360-379-3246; email email@example.com. Non-profit organization of volunteers
providing transportation to medical/dental appointments, necessary errands/shopping; occasional
household chores; visits & outings for shut-ins; help with moving; and medical equipment: bath
chairs, wheelchairs, walkers etc with smaller items available in Port Ludlow: contact 437-7692,
-- Transportation Volunteers from 1st Wednesday Luncheon Group: contact Peggy Schafran 437-9935
-- Olympic Peninsula Bluebills: A Boeing Sponsored Volunteer Program c/o Bay Club, Port Ludlow
Contact: Marvin Segar 360-437-9514; www.bluebills.org Undertake independent living/community projects,
Christmas giving program for women/children in Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault programs; and with
World Vision provide school supplies and distribution of donated products.
- Fall Prevention Program includes ramp constructions, grab bars and railings installations; and, with
Catholic Community Services, Philips Lifeline Medical Alert system installations for 24-hr.
Response Associates: contact: Donna Jones, 360-405-9972 ext. 26 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Medic Alert, 1-800-432-5378: personalized ID of med. conditions/allergies on bracelet or necklace
-- Active Life Physical Therapy: Michael Haberpointner, PT, DPT; 9483 Oak Bay Rd., Port Ludlow
360-437-2444 What You Can Do to Prevent Falls; Check for Safety:Home Fall Prevention Checklist;
What YOU Can Do To Prevent Falls.. --FILE OF LIFE: PL Fire & Rescue: 360-437-2236
*Collected and compiled in April 2011 by Ursel & Gunter Krumme and Peggy Schafran, members of the evolving
Wellness Education Resource Center under the auspices of Port Ludlow’s Village Council, Tom Stone, President.
For additions and corrections, please send email to krumme(at)telebyte(dot)com or call Peggy at 360-437-9935.
Online access to many of these resources can be found at
plhealth.org/support.html and plhealth.org/providers.html.
The organizers of this NoteBook are not responsible
for the content of the resources to which they have provided access.
Nothing in this NoteBook shall constitute medical advice.
Top of this Page
| Resource Center
| PL*Health (Home)
Last updated: June 2013 -- krumme(at)comcast(dot)net